Over the past 5 years, projects have included the implementation of an MES system, SKU rationalization and WMS / process improvement. The most recent project was to improve warehouse material flow and productivity. Specifically improve materials flow, visibility, productivity and safety; eliminate waste; and enable employees / drive accountability.
- Developed warehouse metrics and KPIs to highlight areas for improvement and track progress towards goals.
- Created quick-pick areas to satisfy fast replenishment of high-velocity Kanban materials.
- Specified services, materials and equipment required to implement the transformation.
- Optimized material flow of good receipt process, inspection and put-away to; mitigating errors and wasted effort.
- Reconfigured pallet racking to allow creation of properly sized staging areas for inbound receipts, inspection, put-away and bulk storage while maintaining facility storage capacity.