LOCATION: San Jose, CA
PROJECT: Develop an efficient campus logistics plan using Automation and Lean Manufacturing principles. Working with BD, Boston Industrial completed a current state assessment for Line Assembly, Build-to-Order Manufacturing and support Warehouse and Repair operations located in three buildings. The scope of this project included: medical device manufacturing, reagent manufacturing, warehousing and the repair center.
- Designed a Centralized storage and delivery system on campus.
- Analyzed requirements for Reagent Manufacturing — reduced space and costs by 27%.
- Cost justified stockroom automation through spatial and operational savings.
- Reduced on-hand inventory by over 40% while improving material flow.
- Provided detail design to relocate operation, showing a 47% overall reduction in Manufacturing space usage.