Working with NIKE Air team, Boston Industrial developed an Automated Material Handling system and detailed plant layout for a new manufacturing operation in Arizona. Boston Industrial modified the operational layout to provide a safe work environment and restrict interactions between material handling equipment and pedestrians.
- Studied production and people flow to create concept layout designs.
- Full production simulation of material handling equipment and pedestrian traffic to optimize layout and mitigate MHE / human interaction.
- Recommended automated material handling solution to support flow between storage and production cells.
- Optimized warehouse sizing and design to support phased production build out.
- Ten year phased build out plan of 900,000-sf manufacturing plant layout.