LOCATION: Enfield, CT
PROJECT: Over several years, projects for eppendorf’s 325,000-SF facility have included the implementation of an MES system, SKU rationalization, inventory control & WMS / process improvement. The most recent project was to improve warehouse material flow and productivity.
- Successfully eliminated unsafe areas where forklifts and people worked in the same space.
- Developed warehouse metrics and KPIs to highlight areas for improvement and track progress towards goals.
- Specified services, materials and equipment required to implement the transformation.
- Created quick-pick areas to satisfy fast replenishment of high-velocity Kanban materials.
- Optimized material flow of good receipt process, inspection and put-away to; mitigating errors and wasted effort.