LOCATION: Global Park, Heredia, Costa Rica
PROJECT: Planning and design of a 270,000 SF world-class medical device manufacturing center of excellence for the Endovations product line. The building’s plan included manufacturing, distribution and sterilization using ETO sterilization chambers, adhering to FDA and GMP guidelines.
- Received the country’s first LEED Certification.
- In 2019, awarded the Shingo Prize, an international award recognizing operational excellence and world-class manufacturing.
- One of the most efficient plants in Costa Rica’s history.
- Building allows for expansion to 500,000-SF.
- One of 34 projects that BIC has collaborated on with Boston Scientific over the past 12 years in manufacturing, sterilization and supply chain.