BD Bioscience is a manufacturer of medium and large scale Cell Analyzers and Sorters for the Research and Clinical Community. A few of its operations include Reagent and Assembly manufacturing as well as support for Build-to-Order and Build-to-Stock operations.
Boston Industrial completed a current state assessment for Line Assembly, Build-to-Order Manufacturing and support Warehouse and Repair operations located in three buildings in San Jose California. The scope of this project included: medical device manufacturing, reagent manufacturing, warehousing, and the repair center.
Throughout the course of the project, BI completed the following:
- Developed flexible Medical Device manufacturing strategy
- Analyzed requirements for Reagent Manufacturing, reduced cost by 27 percent and On-Hand Inventory while improving material flow
- Evaluated Medical Instrument Repair Center Operations
- Provided detail design to relocate operation while reducing space requirements by 47 percent
- Provided warehouse automation plan which reduced required space requirements by 39 percent
Boston Industrial also developed alternatives to improve costs, standardize functions and drive efficiency on the floor.